Saturday, November 2, 2013

Its Been Awhile

Its has been awhile since I wrote anything here. I seem to have lost my voice. There have been things I wanted to write about but the words just don't want to come.

 My health has been an issue. My blood pressure has been high. Even with 5 different medications, it is high. Same with my blood sugars. That one is more my fault than the blood pressure. Eating has always been my comfort and my downfall as far as keeping my blood sugars and my weight down. Things are to the point that my doctor has suggested that I see a bariatric surgeon. Seems there is nothing else that medication can do for me. Losing weight is the only option and that has always been very difficult for me. So I'm going to check into it.

I rather like being retired and have had no desire to go back to work. I have never defined myself by the work I did. I liked being a 911 dispatcher and I did enjoy helping people. I just never needed work to define or justify my life. Caroline is still working for the City of Boise and that is the single biggest reason I can stay home. Without her insurance coverage none of this would be possible. She can retire in a few months but says she wants to continue working for awhile. I have told her that her working is helpful and we would be better off if she continued but I also said that she shouldn't stay a minute longer than she wants too. We will get by and we do have some money for insurance until we are old enough for Medicare.

Well, this was a little easier than I thought it would be. Maybe I will try and write some more tomorrow or Monday.

No comments: