Saturday, February 17, 2018

Here I am again and it has been years since I have written anything here. Lots has happened. I did get the gastric bypass surgery in February of 2014. I had lost right 100 pounds but in the last year about 25 pounds has come back. The best thing is that I have stopped taking as much medication and stopped taking two different medications. My type 2 diabetes is mostly under control and my blood pressure has come down significantly.  I can't say that I'm totally pleased with some of the changes that the surgery has brought on. Eating is more of a challenge as I can only eat a little of most things. My wife and I used to love going out to eat but we don't that hardly at all anymore. There are now foods that will make me sick to the point of throwing up and many things will just make me feel as if I would like to throw up. Not the most pleasant feeling. While I'm glad I did it I'm not sure I'd do it again knowing what I know now. 

No comments: